Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Christmas Ripple






I have an interesting project to share today.  The reason I find it interesting is because I have no idea if this is a completed project with just the ends to weave in or it is a project that needs a few more rows added.  I know for a fact that I started this project right after Christmas using the Ripple Pattern from Attic24.  However, my memory escapes me on how it ended up in a container in our storage room.  Did I run out of yarn?  Was this the final product and I was too lazy to weave in the ends since Christmas was already over?  God only knows.

My main concern with this afghan is it is way too long. Maybe the reason it was put on hold was because I was undecided about whether or not I wanted to continue or just rip apart everything and start over.  I like the pattern, I'm just not happy with my overestimation on how big the starting chain should be.  Even though I feel guilty I think I will end up taking this apart and maybe start over or find a differnet pattern.  No sense in finishing something that you aren't entirely happy with.

As always, don't forget to check out the different link parties at the bottom of the page!  

8 comments:

  1. Ugh...I hate frogging a project that I've put lots of time into but I'm with you...no need to put lots more work in if you don't like it! Could you use it as a lap blanket and leave it as is? Or just folded over the back of a chair? It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seems a shame to rip out all that pretty work, but if you're not happy with it that's what you should do. Have fun deciding what you will make with the re-claimed yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I crocheted a baby blanket that I started about two years ago. It was made of scrap yarn stripes and I worked on it in between projects. One day recently I decided it was finished. Just like that. No more. It was the perfect size crib blanket. I donated it to the Linus Project. It's a very pretty blanket. Maybe a charity would like to have it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. With this being a ripple I would think it should be longer. However, that would be time consuming since it is so wide. I have pulled out many of projects so you would be just one of many. You have to be satisfied with your work...that is what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the best is to frog a project, good luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your christmas ripple is so so beautiful and It is going on very well..:))
    I like it..:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you considered turning it into vertical stripes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had one like that. We had several jokes about the blanket that took over the house. I sadly did end up frogging. I loved the "look" but the length was unmanageable. I'm terrible at estimating how many chains I need to get to X length.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...