Followers

Monday, November 5, 2012

Washcloths Again

I have two recently completed washcloths to share today.  The first one I just came up with on my own using the basketweave technique.  The yarn I used I had bought a few years ago and the label must have gotten thrown away.  I do know that it isn't the typical cotton yarn, I think it was mostly cotton mixed with some other type.  I'm curious so I think I will have to scour the Internet and see if I can figure it out.

I loosely followed a Dishcloth pattern but at some point I realized my count was off and one side had an extra stitch.  Oh well.  Also I have discovered that I prefer Front Post stitches rather than the Back Post.  It seems like most of my projects lately have utilized both of these stitches.

And on a personal note, we still do not know when we will be leaving Germany.  It's amazing how a simple clerical error led to all of this.  Apparently now it is in the hands of the final person that has to sign off on it.  I'm just praying we will find out soon and  they give us a reasonable amount of time to move. 


8 comments:

  1. Like you I enjoy making the wash cloths. I have not been brave enough to expand beyond simple ones. However, I have oodles and oodles of books for making them. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and start one. Heaven knows I have enough cotton yarn.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I can honestly thank my husband for encouraging me to try out new patterns! Other than complaining about my yarn stash, he is pretty good about supporting my hobby.

      Delete
  2. They're both very nice and a great project to learn how to do a certain stitch. I hope the moving situation gets straightened out for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is somewhat resolved now although we still don't have an exact date, just a ballpark estimate.

      Delete
  3. Nice patterns ! I too like front post stitches . Whenever I do back post my hand automatically switch over to front post! It is confusing for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find the back post stitch a lot more awkward. The front post is much easier.

      Delete
  4. Hi Katie! Thanks for stopping by on my blog and leaving your comment. Your washcloths looks lovely. Looks very complicated the techniques to me if I try it. Goodluck on your moving situation! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope everything is going good for you!

      Delete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...