I've mentioned before that I'm still new to crocheting and occasionally have a hard time reading and understanding patterns. I found the pattern to the Over the Shoulder Mini Purse and decided to give it a try since I've never done anything using the basketweave technique. I should probably stop trying out new patterns late at night because I got myself so confused. Eventually, I just decided to have each row be the opposite of the row before it. So if I did a Front Post Double Crochet in the previous row, the next row I would use a Back Post Double Crochet. Once the body of the purse was done I just quickly crocheted a strap that I will eventually sew into the purse. Later on I will also be putting a lining inside the purse but that will have to wait. Too many other things to do. So I guess if I had to name this purse I would call it "The Happy Accident Purse". Not exactly what I set out to make but it still came out decent looking.
So the day after I made "The Happy Accident Purse" I decided to go back and read the original pattern. Suddenly my brain started to work and it made much more sense to me. Since I still had quite a bit of Bernat cotton yarn left I decided to give that purse another try. Now I will say I still was not able to follow the pattern perfectly. I somehow got off on how many stitches there should be in Row 2 so I did just kind of fudge a bit to get where I was supposed to be. However, this attempt is definitely closer to the original pattern. I still need to make a strap for it though.