Followers

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Basketweave Purse





Lately it seems like I've either been making a purse or using the basketweave technique.  And in some projects, like this one, I have combined the two.  Yes, this is my attempt at the Basketweave Purse pattern.  This is a different pattern from the one I previously attempted.  I ended up using  about 9 oz of Red Heart Super Saver in Dark Orchid.

This purse is not worked in the round like the other pattern instead you work about 19 pattern rows make the gusset/strap and then attach to the purse.  Or at least I hope that was what I was supposed to do.  Now I need to buy a metal ring and a metal fastener.  That should be fun, trying to find that in Germany. I have absolutely no hope that these type of items are sold here on base.  Someone posted a photo on Ravelry where a large button was used instead.  I think I will keep that option in mind if I strike out on the metal parts.

Have a wonderful day everyone and don't forget to check out the different Link Parties at the bottom of the page!

14 comments:

  1. Very cute and cheerful! Good luck in your clasp search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never considered knitting a purse. Does it hold up well? Do the straps stretch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use one of the purses that I have crocheted. I've only been carrying it for about a month and so far it is holding up well. I do try to avoid putting anything heavy in it so it doesn't stretch. I also am going to sew in a lining which might help as well.

      Delete
  3. lovely colour, lovely pattern. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Katie! I wish I had your kind of talent!! lol Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever tried the basket weave pattern...it's a cool looking purse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely plum colour. Good luck finding the hardware. Can you order it off the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Color and pattern! Good luck to find the handle:) You can try online too. Another way is if you have the wire for flower making long enough ( I generally have the coil of it so I can cut to my requirement) then you can twist like a handle and wind a thick plastic wire on it again to give thickness and smoothness. Then you can cover that with your crochet. Home made handles !:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the color and the pattern are very pretty. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you can find the items online and order them? I hope to see the finished purse. I love the pattern and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice purse. Basketweave is my personal favorite. Its kind of fun doing it, and the texture it gives. Love it. I think using a big button is a better idea. It will serve as a fastner as well as an embellishment. Good luck....will return to see the finished purse.
    Have a gr8 weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purse looks pretty Katie! How long did it take you to finish it? Good luck with the rings and fastener! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to look online for the hardware. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's fantastic :) love the colour as well xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...