Followers

Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas Placemats






When my husband was deployed a few years ago I crocheted a few Christmas placemats. I used the same Bernat cotton yarn for this as I did for the Christmas Potholders I made recently.  Nothing to exciting about the pattern itself, it's just single crochet stitches.  But this simple pattern kept me busy for awhile while the hubby was away.

Speaking of my husband, I spent a wonderful day with him in Rothenburg ob der Tauber for Thanksgiving.  We got to do some shopping for Christmas nutcrackers and smokers.  Unfortunately, the store I wanted to go to for pottery was closed for the week.  November is considered the off season there and it was kinda crazy how few people there were walking around, especially in the famous Christmas store.  The 5 or 6 other times we have visited it has always been packed.  Next week when the Christmas markets start it will go back to being very busy.


As always, don't forget to check out the link parties at the bottom of the page!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome potholders, the colors are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice placemat.I also like keeping myself busy with crochet or knitting when hubby is away

    ReplyDelete
  3. That city looks beautiful. I think the placemats are perfect and single crochet...I know how to do that ;-) That's what I like about basic knitted hats. I can just knit and not worry about stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...