Followers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Potholders






My husband's grandmother was a crocheter.  She was well known for giving out potholders that she made to just about anyone that she came into contact with.  I remember going over to her house before we left for Germany and leaving with 10 potholders. She also loved to crochet baby blankets.

Unfortunately, she passed away during my husband's deployment.  However, she provided me with the inspiration to try my hand at making some potholders this weekend.  They didn't come out anywhere near as perfect as the ones she made but I will be switching these out in my kitchen so I can keep the ones she made as a keepsake if we have children.

Here's the link to the pattern I used: Crocheted Double Thick Diagonal Potholder.  I ended up doing a chain of 41 the first time and then a chain of 36, which I preferred, for the second potholder.  I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in the Swimming Pool varigated.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...