Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Déjà vu: Movie Night and Washcloths



After over 2 years of not seeing a movie at the theater my husband and I have seen 2 in the last week.  Last night Hunger Games finally made its way to the theater on base.  While the movie was good, I still think the book was better.  If you only watch the movie without reading the book you will miss out on some of the important details. 

I managed to get a few more washcloths done.  I used 3 leftover balls of the German cotton yarn and was able to make another washcloth.  The blue, yellow, and lavender one was previously started. I ran out of yarn so I added a lavender border. 

Tomorrow I leave for my trip to Amsterdam with a good friend of mine.  During our husbands' deployment we discussed going when they got back as kind of a reward for sticking it out here in Germany when so many of the spouses decided to go back to the States for the year.  It was a difficult year because most of us had just arrived in Germany when we found out our soldiers would be deploying in just a few months.  So I'm proud of the small group that took on the challenge of staying here and trying to make the most out of the year.  It's just going to be the two of us on the trip because our husbands don't have any interest in seeing the tulip fields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...