Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Completed Scrap Afghan
I am finally done putting together my Scrap Afghan. Not 100% satisfied with the end result but I am pleased for branching out and doing something different. Some of the squares bunched up a bit so it has a puffy kind of look to it and the border is slightly wonky looking. Maybe someone with more crochet experience could weigh in with why this happened. I'm guessing my tension wasn't even throughout and plus all the different yarns I used probably didn't help. I still need to wash it and I'll try blocking it, which is something new to me. I always thought you block with cotton yarn but I read all the time people do it with acrylic afghans so I will give it a shot. Any tips or suggestions?
While my Scrap Afghan may not be perfect, I sure hope when I donate this to a charity (most likely Bridge and Beyond ) that the effort I put into this blanket is appreciated. Even with the imperfections I still think it's a neat looking blanket.
And on a final note, sometimes it's hard not to be frustrated when you are going through a rough patch. In the last month, the military messed up our orders so we will probably not be making it home for Christmas this year. It was something I was looking forward to since I haven't been in the States to celebrate since 2008. I normally understand and accept that your plans can change at the drop of a hat with the military but this was the one thing I was really looking forward to and now it most likely won't happen due to a mistake by someone else. But at the end of the day if this and having to shell out money to get a new computer and fix our car are my biggest problems, then life is pretty good.