Followers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Aloha!


I can't tell you how good it feels to get back to blogging.  I will briefly try to sum up what has been happening in my life since my last blog entry.  After 4 months of not knowing whether we were staying in Germany or moving to Hawaii we got our orders for Hawaii the first week of January.  Within two weeks, we got all our items shipped and everything else in order and then flew home to visit our families in Illinois.  Yes, you read that right.  Two weeks to get everything in order to move.  Surprisingly, it went fairly smoothly.  Or I should say everything went smoothly that my husband's unit had no control over.  Any type of paperwork they were in charge of, not so much.  Although that isn't a shock considering it was their mistake that led to the whole mess to begin with. 

So we had a wonderful 3 week visit with our families.  Although I could have done without catching a horrible cold for a week.  We moved to Hawaii the beginning of February, bought a car, found a place to live and moved in by the end of the month.  Our household items arrived from Germany a few weeks ago.  If anyone is wondering how long it takes to move your stuff halfway across the world, the answer is almost 3 months.  Yesterday we finally got our computer set up so I'm back to blogging.  I give people credit that manage to blog on their phones, I just don't have the patience for it which is part of the reason I haven't posted an entry in months.  And you know, the fact that I moved thousands of miles to a beautiful island which has kept me busy as well.

Sightseeing and getting familiar with our new surroundings has taken up a bit of my time but I still always manage to get in a few moments of crochet here and there.   Right before we left Germany I started making a bunch of teeny, tiny squares. After spending hours and hours making these two round squares, I am now close to being able to put together the Penguin Cuddle Quilt.  I'm very excited to get this finished although I still have quite a few things to do around the house before we are truly settled in.


Again, it feels great to be back in the blogging world.  Can't wait to catch up on comments and get to reading all my favorite blogs.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog world Katie. Good to hear that you're all settled in beautiful Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back katie.
    Moving is always tiresome but getting everything from Germany to Hawaii in three months doesn't sound too bad to me.
    I bet its beautiful there in Hawaii do hope you will send us photos when you are settled.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...